Saturday, May 21, 2011

plans

I never planned on being that girl who got pregnant as a teen.. or out of wedlock.
I never planned on going to school to become a medical secretary.
I didn't plan on moving to Pleasant Grove
or being a single parent
or falling away from the church
or the drinking, smoking, partying, etc.

I didn't wake up one day and decide to be this person.
And most days, to be honest, I really don't WANT to be this person.

I know it sounds lame, but I know that I was supposed to go through all of that
to become all of this.
He knew me and knew that I would make these mistakes if put in the right situation.
He knew that I needed these trials to become a better person.
He knew that I needed Rowan in my life.


Once upon a time, I was a molly mormon girl who was weak, judemental, etc.

I never knew I'd become strong, beautiful, capable of anything that's thrown my way.
And even though my life can quite regularly be compared to hell
I know that I could take on the world.. and that's a good feeling for me.


God knows who we are better then we do. He has a plan for us.. but not only that, he knows who we're supposed to be.

And yeah, we have all these dreams and wants for ourselves, but what HE wants us to be is who we REALLY are. We just have to find the faith to trust him so we can get to reach our full potential as what he wants us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment