Thursday, August 18, 2011

A witness so sweet

As you probably know, I am a single mom, but also a mormon one, so from time to time I have some interesting gospel related things I like to share. Most are just promptings, things I heard in church, etc, but some are really near and dear to my heart, and for that reason, just like everything else on this blog since it is so honest, please respect what I'm saying. Ill be more upset about you ripping apart my spiritual experience then my more personal life experiences that being said, let me start with a story.

Its kind of an odd story and relatively short. Ill start out by telling you I have the gift of seeing spirits.I've had it since I was very young with that, I can see good or bad spirits. Every bad spirit comes to bring you down, every good spirit comes for a reason as well. They affect me in a way I can't explain very well. They come whenever they please, wherever, around whoever. I can't control it really. Sometimes I can make them go away but I can't make them come. Anyways!! So me and two of my friends were sitting there, by the door, chatting before we left my friends house. We were speaking of baby names and all the ones we liked, didn't like, and also the ones I considered naming my son before I chose the name rowan annnnd also future kids. Before we left, I stopped to say, oh yeah, I also thought of the name Liam for Rowan. I instantly felt this.. energy in front of me and it felt like it was connected to Rowan. The spirit was so strong. One of my friends said whoa! I just felt something towards Rowan when you said that! Then later I found out that another one of my friends felt something as well. The only way we could all describe it was feeling some sort of energy.

Well I talked to my mother about it in the morning, explaining the whole story and my thoughts on it that maybe its another one of my kids. My mother said that for us to feel that, it probably means that what we felt was a person from the spirit world, and whoever this Liam was, he was there. She said maybe it felt connected to Rowan because he'll be an important person in his life or maybe it's even his brother.

Now I have had two other witnesses to me that I was going to have more children- one in a blessing and another with a different encounter with a spirit- and it has all happened within the last eleven or so months.

I've always felt expecially connected to the spirit and as I've gotten older and more righteous, it has just grown tenfold. I am so blessed to be able to have these little miracles happen so often in my life. He never let's me forget he's there or that he's rootin for me, as is my posterity, to make the right choices and clean up my life so I can bring these beautiful kids into the world and become what he wants me to be in order to fulfill his plan for me.

I am so grateful for the gospel of jesus christ and all that it brings for me.

I am blessed with a perspective to look up and forward, remembering that "this too shall pass", that the hard times being a single mom will eventually come to a close, that I will be able to get married and sealed in the temple for time and all eternity, and be blessed with a beautiful family.

I know I'm not the greatest example for righteousness but I testify to you that if you're trying and doing your best, God will make up for the rest, and he will bless you for your efforts. The only place you can go from here is up.

I say these things in the name of jesus christ, amen.

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool and such a beautiful testimony. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete